Iso Lomso Fell owships: Call for Applications 2018
The STIAS Iso Lomso Fellowship Programme provides an exceptional early career opportunity for Africa’s brightest minds in academia. Fellows will enjoy:
- A three-year attachment to STIAS during which time they may spend a total of ten months in residence at STIAS to develop and pursue a long-term research programme;
- The possibility of a residency at a sister institute for advanced study in North America, Europe or elsewhere;
- funding to attend up to two international conferences or training workshops;
- support to convene a workshop with collaborators at STIAS;
- lecturer replacement subsidy for the fellow’s home institution during residency periods.
The programme is aimed at African scholars who have obtained a doctoral degree within the preceding seven years and who hold an academic position at a university or research institution anywhere in Africa. Candidates should have established a research programme and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD programme. All disciplines are considered.
Application deadline: 20 October 2018
Shortlist selection: 15 December 2019
Final selection: 31 January 2019
Dr Christoff Pauw
STIAS Programme Manager
Tel. +27 21 808 9331
STIAS Wallenberg Centre
10 Marais Street